Plato’s Bar I Restaurant I Rooms, Kirkby Lonsdal
A fantastic opportunity to join a small, but fabulous team working in our recently refurbished boutique hotel in the heart of Lancashire and the gateway to the Lake District.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Previous experience as Sous Chef and a background in a similar operation (serving Contemporary British Gastropub Food).
- An eye for quality and consistency in delivering exceptional food.
- Be comfortable supporting the Head Chef in managing A small kitchen, constantly striving to improve efficiencies and developing their talents too!
- An understanding of supply chain management, procurement, and principles of P&L, and to recognise your role in supporting the Head Chef in the overall financial performance of the business.
- Be in possession of a current Food Hygiene Certificate (Level 3 or above).
- The ability to work a variety of shifts with a flexible approach to working hours to suit the needs of the business.
What you will receive from us:
- Help with relocation and accommodation
- Up to £27000 hour (per annum)
- 45 hours per week
- Generous gratuities
- 28 days annual leave (pro-rata in line with hours worked)
- Employee discounts across the other properties within the group
- An engaging and supporting work environment
About The New Inn
The New Inn, Yealand holds a five-star rating for accommodation and also the outstanding Gold Award by VisitEngland. We have developed a great reputation for quality service and offer a first-class restaurant with 38 covers and outside dining space, cosy bar and 7 boutique guest rooms. We take pride in our intimate surroundings and service style, where our guests arrive as a customer and leave as a friend!
With exciting times ahead, The New Inn, Yealand is scheduled for future investment and development, including 4 additional luxury suites, a new 50 cover restaurant and full kitchen refit scheduled within the next 18 months, it couldn’t be a better time to join our team!
Our vision: “To create a personal, family led experience which leaves a lasting memory of excellent Northern hospitality.”
In line with requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: £27,000.00 per year